There's something oh so bitter sweet about having a Netflix subscription. 7 bucks a month is extremely worth it my friends. Movies I dare recommend: Cashback, Nostradamus documentaries, Invention of Lying, UP...oh and thank you for reminding me, ME. I need to investigate Wall-E
So lately some things have been sinking into my view of life. I have one more year of college. 1 more year and I am graduating....the moment is already here. And yet I feel there is so much more I need to take advantage of in my duration at SCAD. As I have might of mentioned in the past, I am studying graphic design/visual communication.. But one thing I can't do is just identify myself in just one trade. I happen to be a painter (when I have the muse....which has been lacking lately...) Illustrator, dreamer, lover, poet, writer, decorator....daughter, reader, cultur-er, traveler, cooker, dancer, singer..... Too many things I want to taste from in this world and I am feeling as if I cannot pick just one for this particular moment in my life.
Something The Invention of Lying has taught me is how most of us don't even know what the hell we want anymore. We have conditioned our brains throughout our lives to lie to ourselves in a sense and base milestones on illusions...Yes I am victim of such...but aren't we all? I think step one is realizing the truth of such, being true to you and then to FLOURISH.
Use your pain and ambiguity to benefit YOU.
Hope I am not digging too deep here, but wouldn't you agree that it's hard to be JUST YOU in this world?
Anyway. its time to trump fear and flourish.
See you when I see you.
No comments:
Post a Comment