Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Adventures in Summer Lovin: OKA b. and Musical Escapes

So lets just say my chronic blog negligence derives from the current renovation that Life's a Beach is undergoing.  Stay tuned for the goodness soon to emerge!

Currently Summer time for me in Atlanta consists of my internship with OKA b shoe manufacturer based out of Atlanta and Buford.  I work directly with Design and Marketing in Art Direction, Graphic Design, Web, Social Media, Product Design and various creative juice duties.  With one year left in my educational design journey, I am truly thankful that I have received this opportunity to get such a wonderful hands on experience in the Design and Marketing industry  Many thanks to Tiffany for showing me the working force ropes.

A little behind the scenes action in the day in the life of the shoe bizz.

FOOT MODELS CASTING CALL

For a couple of days I spent my time observing the semi-scrutiny that comes with picking out the perfect feet for our Fall 2011 catalogue.  I also combined hundreds of images of feet to create tangible model profiles. Our VP, Head Designer and Marketing/Design Coordinator gathered to view some models ranging from a variety of modeling adjencies such as RealPeople, Click to Ford, and Elite models... even got my roomie a shot at being a foot model. 

For me...feet are feet. I learn now that the ever so slight deformities in feet are noticed in the gifted few that dedicate theres lives to feet and the homes they go in. 

Note to self: Beware of FINGER TOESSSS

A lovely photo I sent to a fellow collegue while she was away on vacation.

Whose up for this stunning pair of phalanges?

UP NEXT:  Art/Creative Direction for the Fall 2011 Catalogue

Other than freaking feet....

My Summer has certainly made the livin' easy. I crave African-like hot climates...and with Incubus pit pass concerts in my pocket (or shall I say in my Gmail account) I will be sure to document the Atlanta feature of Brandon Boyd's musically masterful hott-ness

Way too many adjectives yet none will explain my love for Incubus. Sense I was a chillin, Incubus has owned all of my 1998-2006 wonderfully decorated mixed CDS and current playlists. 



Top 5 Incubus Songs for your listening and life changing pleasure
- Sick Sad Little World
- Certain Shade of Green (Acoustic and Reg)
- Anti Gravity Love Song
- Redefine (quick pick me up)
- The Warmth

5 is never enough.

As we wind down this delicious Summer I would like to say that I love all the people in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment