Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back to the beat...ATTENTIONS ANY AND ALL ARTISTS

I want to give a huge welcome back to me as I do love to neglect this lovely blog I have going here.

Lot of new things going on and lots of plans brewing up that I want YOU to be apart of.

First off
You are looking at AIGA-Atlanta newest member.  AIGA for those of you who dont know is the American Institute of Graphic Arts. If you aren't familiar with AIGA I urge you to check out the website....many oppurtunities if you want to involve yourself with the graphics world. I am also running for Student Board Member for AIGA Atlanta. Wish me luck!  

Check out some more infomation on AIGA  here

ALSO. Big plan I have for spring/summer that I am going to unleash to you guys as I do need to rally up any interested students, vendors, and or small businesses in the Atlanta community

I plan on coordinating a fundraiser/student/artist exhibition to kick off Spring/Summer 2011 to benefit a local charity here in Atlanta.

As to which one is still pending....(Suggestions are welcome)

 I am looking for any and all artists looking to get their name out there and network for a good cause....and possibly make a little $$ in the process

Something I have noticed around Atlanta is the lack of opportunities emerging student artists have to display their works. SO fellow colleagues this is your chance.  If you are interested in just displaying a few items for a good cause....and just to do something fun to get involved with the art community here in Atlanta then this would be perfect.

DETAILS (as of now)
-Location/Booth Rental fee (To be announced )
-We will be participating in silent auctions filled with good or services offered by business (Gift cards and what not) things you are sick of or don't want that you feel someone could get use out of.
-Possible date auction??
- 20% of personal commission will go to the charity

This is really about boosting your career, business and the wellness of others!

TYPES OF ARTISTS I'M ON THE LOOKOUT FOR
-Graphic- (Posters, T-shirt designs, Postcards etc)
-Painters/Illustrators
-Chefs (This includes coffee, tea, wines and handcrafted or micro-brewed beer)
-Musicians/Singers
-Photographers

Please email me at aguero.sandy@gmail.com if you are interested and or know someone who could be interested.

Keep on lovin' lovers!  Happy belated Valentines Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment