I suppose the reason why I don't make it a priority in maintaining my blog is
A. I don't have a fan club and B. Partially because I don't have a single subject to elaborate on....Which can be debatable. I'd like to think that I want to share the wonders of life and my opinions on certain subjects and just to put myself out there. The Internet world is so vast and it is the easiest way to get your name out there. My only thing is not the 'name recognition' but mainly I want to do it for the pleasure of others. As one of my favorite philosophy thrives....Giving is better than receiving. (No innuendo intended perves.....maybe I'm the perve)
So I'm eating one of the greatest soups I have ever created. Soups can be a hard thing to master. As cooking is one of my passions and hobbies these days, I think I would love to share with you my views on why cooking is so great and if you're lucky you might get the secret recipe to my outstanding concoction. (the word concoction kind of takes away from the appeal of the soup...pardon me)
Cooking is the greatest balance of art and mathematics for me....I am an anti number person as I have given up on any form of complicated math about....4 years ago when I bid my last college math class adieu...which means for the rest of my life. As it might show....I only estimate measurements when it comes to ingredients in dishes. I am not too bad at it either....it's almost like I have an intuitive type of math intelligence....I'd like to give a big "SUCK IT" to math in general...even though it probably holds the answers to most of the mysterious questions of the universe. I'll stick with my intuitive theories for now.
But on the other spectrum of cooking... to me its like making a masterpiece painting. Instead of focusing on the relationships of layering color and using your visual senses.... you tend to have a prime focus on the relationships with taste. Do you ever feel you favor more sense than others? I think thats where you can find your stronger passions in life. Maybe not. I love all my senses
But that's besides the point....if there is even one. Cooking is the relationship of layering taste and spices. Also the quality in which you cook the ingredients. I love it. I love anything you can create with your bare hands.
So as a thank you for reading my thoughts I will give you this soup recipe. As it is snowing almost everywhere (except for the luckier souls in hotter climates) this will serve as perfect winter comfort food. Also...side note 1....Feel free to INDULGE. This is healthy and tasty (My main priority in making dishes)
So you're welcome winter fatties that have been in hibernation putting on winter weight....Dig in!
'Soup of the Gods...Soup'
Patten-ed (is that even right?) recipe by Sandra Alexis AgΓΌero
Ingredients you will need.
3 tablespoons or so of olive oil. (enough for a nice layer at the bottom of the pan)
2 cartons of Chicken Broth (99% Fat Free)
1-1 1/2 cups water
Dashes here and there of Thyme, Rosemary, Sage
Roughly 2 Tablespoons of minced garlic
2 small onions chopped (try not to cry as much as I did while doing this)
3-4 Thawed Chicken Breasts diced
2 Sweet potatoes cut into squares
2 Zuchinni's (plural of zuchinni anyone?) sliced and halfed
2 cans of sliced carrots
1 bag of frozen asparagus stir fry veggies (filled with squash, red pepper, green pepper, corn, broccoli , and others
Dash of chopped parsley for garish
1 Avocado sliced for garnish
OPTIONAL: I made brown rice in my rice cooker on the side to throw in at the end which adds some carbs and more hearty-ness to the soup :)
Start with the biggest pot in your kitchen.
add Olive Oil....a nice thick layer. Heat thoroughly on low heat for 5-7 minutes
Throw in your garlic...get it all toasty
Then throw in your mess of onions increase the heat a bit
Sizzle Sizzle...
As soon as your onions are translucent...throw in your diced chicken and get a nice golden brown layer to seer and lock in flavor and juices for about a couple of seconds on each side
A LOT OF THROWING WHILE MAKING THIS SOUP BY THE WAY.
Add a little Thyme, Sage into the mix (hold off on the rosemary for now)
SIDE NOTE. Do not cook the chicken thoroughly
Then pour the two cartons of chicken broth and water into the mix then add Rosemary and more Thyme and Sage.
Crank the heat to Medium/High
Bring to a boil for about 45 minutes to an hour. For me it took almost a full episode of SNL on Hulu...Paul Rudd and Paul McCartney are amazing...and probably my favorite Paul's in Hollywood/Liverpool...Add Paul Rand to that too.
Excuse me.... irrelevant.
So lets say 45 minutes goes by. It is time for you to throw in your sweet potatoes.
SIDE NOTE: Be careful while adding these.. broth WILL splash on you and burn the mother out of your hands. Just saying
After 5 minutes of letting sweet potatoes boil, Throw in the rest of your veggies: Zuchinni, Carrots, and plethora of frozen veggies.
Add more Thyme, Sage and Rosemary if you desire. Also salt and pepper. And finally Parsely.
annnnnd STIR IT UP!
And after 10-15 minutos or when you notice your veggies are tender, go ahead and put your stove on the low low heat and SERVE.
Add sliced avocado on top with a little salt if desired
Final steps....INDULGE AND ENJOY.
I know I certainly did.
Last but not least. As a fellow artist myself...I tend to gravitate towards new and catchy innovations in art in all mediums. Stumbleupon.com is a great website if you have not checked it out. Here is something I stumbled upon in my journey through finding some great design. I'll post a few pics and the link to the artists website. It's in Russian but if you are cool and have Google Chrome you will be able to translate....but honestly I don't think you will need to. (main point in saying that is ditch Mozilla...never have been a fan. GET ON CHROME)
Get ready to be visually pleased.
Works of Erica Iris Simmons out of Russia CHECK IT
Now to keep myself from writing a novel, I would like to touch on ONE MORE THING
I have started a new internship position at AmericasWebRadio out of Sandy Springs, Georgia. I will be in charge of social media and marketing and graphics. I also have many other opportunities and perhaps have a show. Hmmm potential design talk show in our future? I will keep you posted.
Check out the website Americas Web Radio
Chow beautiful people!





No comments:
Post a Comment